Tom Laing pays tribute to Gregory Isaacs



New York-based singer Tom Laing recently recorded a cover of Gregory Issacs' timeless reggae classic titledFront Door.
The soft-spoken singer, who is originally from Kingston, hails Gregory Issacs as one his musical heroes.





"Growing up as a youth in Trench Town, I knew Gregory from I was about 12 years old. We use to call him Toothache. I've been a big Gregory Isaacs fan from those days. I love his music a lot. To me, Gregory Isaacs is one of the greatest singers of all time. His singing style was very unique and he was also a great songwriter, his catalogue of hits is timeless," said Laing.


Tom Laing's version of Front Door will be released in the second week of October on his New York-based Top Tier Record label.


"Front Door has always been one of my favourite songs. I think it's one of the best songs from the '80s. It was a great pleasure for me to record it because it's a song I love a lot. I'm going to release it next week and I hope the fans will love it."


A music video for Front Door will also be released before the end of the month.